Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Family Reunion Anyone???


So while in the process of restarting my family history research I decided to talk to my grandmother. She has not been very forthcoming with info on her family which is one of the main reasons I was determined to research her side of the family.

Well I go into her room and lo and behold, there is a program for our family reunion from two years ago.

Press pause. Rewind. Hold the phone...

We had a family reunion? Two years ago? AND NO ONE BOTHERED TO TELL ME????

Needless to say, I'm not a very happy camper right now. So I ask my grandma about it and she says, "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you about that." 

ARE YOU FRIGGIN' SERIOUS??

So I ask her about the people who organized it. Of course she has no contact info for them. (I think she does but she doesn't want to give it to me.) So I go online to find the myself. I Google'd Clark Family Reunion Charleston, SC. The first result... a Facebook page created to plan the 2012 reunion. It seems like they hadn't posted on the page in a while, so I left a comment on the wall explaining who I am and making sure it was the correct family. Hopefully I will hear back from them soon.

In the meantime, I am still upset with Grandma...

4 comments:

  1. I'm curious as to why she didn't tell you. Did she really forget? Hopefully you found the right family and you'll be able to attend this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They did respond and it is the right family but it doesn't look like they are doing much to plan this year's reunion.

    She has been trying to steer me away from the family history for years. I know there's a secret there and I'm determined to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As an update to this post, Granny wasn't really trying to keep anything from me. She is the baby of the family and both of her parents died before she turned 3. She just doesn't know much about the history.

      I was hesitant to show her my research I had done so far on her line. She was very excited and asked me for copies of everything. She is learning about her parents and ancestors through me and that is a great feeling.

      Delete

Your comments are very much welcome but please keep it *nice* as this is a family blog.